14 September 2009

Newsworthy?

I searched the front pages of ABC news, CBS news, and NBC (or is it MSNBC) news for information on the 9/12 march in D.C.

my summation:
ABC: an article expressing nothing of the substance of the protest, only questioning the tally of participants. was it 30,000 or 2,000,000? I got the feeling from the article that it was simply the author's way of complaining about the excitement surrounding the event. Don't take my word for it, read it yourself! Also, there were 5 mentions of Kanye West. Who? Oh, Kanye "George Bush doesn't care about black people!" West.

CBS: an "opinion" section article describing the protest against Big Government as "a gigantic temper tantrum". Again, read it yourself! To CBS' credit, I only spotted the above-mentioned Mr. West once.

(MS)NBC: Kanye West: 1. Rally in D.C. featuring tens if not hundreds of thousands of anti-big-government protestors: 0.


I attempted image searches at Bing, Google, and Yahoo for the term "9/12 march on washington"

My #1 results from each:
Bing:
AIDS poster.


Google:
Picture of ACORN activists surely from some other event.


Yahoo:a photo from the "Let Gaza Live! National March on Washington"

No comments: